With the Duke Kunshan University (DKU) community spread out across the world right now, we feel it is important that we keep everyone as connected as possible in these challenging times and help maintain that strong bond we all share with DKU.
With this in mind, we want to invite all members of the DKU family to contribute to #DKUnited, a video project initiated by Student Affairs and DKU Communications. We want you to tell your stories and bring a unique perspective about our university.
To participate, all you need to do is record a short video message answering a simple question. Look for the latest question and deadline for submissions on DKU’s channels on Facebook, Instagram, Weibo and YouTube.
Your message can be in any format you choose – speak from the heart, sing or perform a rap song, recite a poem, tell a short story, etc.
- The duration of the video should not exceed 30 seconds.
- Do not use a filter or app that may distort the image.
- Please record your message in English.
- Make sure to record the video in a relatively quiet place and pay attention to the background noise.
- If you are speaking directly to camera, hold your recording device at a horizontal angle (landscape) not vertical (portrait). You can do it in “selfie” format or ask someone to hold the device for you.
- Be sure to hold the recording device steady.
- Please do not add background music to your video, as we would like to keep the audio on the final piece consistent.
- Chinese and bilingual international students are welcome to submit two versions of the video, in English and Chinese.
Send your video message on email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title video files using your name and class if you are a student (e.g., “Joe Bloggs C22”). If you are a faculty or staff member, title files using your name and position (e.g., “Josephine Bloggs Student Affairs).
Students, faculty and staff are also welcome to send us pictures to keep us updated on what you are up to and how you are coping with the ongoing situation.
Even though we are not physically together right now, we’re still a community that’s connected through our love, experiences, and appreciation for DKU.
We look forward to your participation.
Office of Student Affairs