The Academic Resource Center offers interactive and hands-on events and workshops during the semester to help students develop successful learning habits and strategies.
Academic Success Program
The Academic Success Program provides incoming students with information and skills they need to transition to college-level coursework and achieve academic success. The program consists of a series of workshops on motivation, time management, study skills, and academic stress management. In this program, students will participate in structured training to learn campus resources and practical skills to navigate their first year of college. Students who fulfill all the requirements of the program will receive the Academic Success Certificate.
If you would like to join the Academic Success Program, please pay attention to relevant announcements at the start of each semester.
First Friday is a series of events on the first Friday of every session to promote after-class connection between students and faculty members. Each event consists of a featured faculty talk and an Academic Success Workshop. In the featured faculty talk, DKU faculty members from various divisions will share their academic journey and their suggestions on how to succeed in college. The Academic Success Workshop aims to provide necessary skill sets to help students better accommodate themselves to DKU’s academic atmosphere.
Exam Jam is a one-day event scheduled on the Friday before the final week every semester to help students better prepare for their finals. The Exam Jam includes faculty-led review sessions and stress relief activities. After attending the review session and stress relief activities, students would receive a small surprise from the ARC.
Workshops Hosted by the ARC
- Academic Stress Management
- Exam Preparation
- How to Succeed in Group Projects
- Learning Biology Is Fun
- Learning Preferences
- Motivation and Goal Setting
- Online Student Success
- Powerful Mindset
- Pre-Semester Academic Success Workshop
- Present Like a Pro - Oral Presentation
- Present Like a Pro - Visual Design
- Study Strategies
- Time Management and Procrastination
Student organizations are welcome to request a workshop for a team or organization meeting. Such requests should be submitted at least 3 days in advance to allow time for scheduling and planning.
Workshops Co-Hosted by the ARC and Other Offices
- Email Writing (Writing and Language Studio)
- Excel Skill Workshop Series (Library)
- Grad School Preparation (Career Services Office & Graduate Recruitment Office)
- How to “Speak Math” in English (Writing and Language Studio)
- Practical English and Etiquette for the Classroom (Writing and Language Studio)
- Reading the World (Library)