To keep a Library book you like from being borrowed by others as well as reducing the number of people browsing the shelves in the Library, follow the steps below to learn how to request to hold a book located in DKU Library and collect it later.
For example, if I want to borrow the book Fundamentals of Python: first programs
- Let's find the book in the Library catalog first (*make sure the book is available at Duke Kunshan Library): https://find.library.duke.edu/catalog/DUKE009654065.
- Click the green Request button under the book cover.
- Enter your NetID to login (If you don’t have NetID, please enter your badge number 772xxxxxx1 in both the account and password fields).
- Click the Request button.
- Make sure the pickup location is Duke Kunshan Library. Then click the Place Request button.
- When you see the message “Thank you. Your request is now being processed.”, it means your request has been submitted successfully.
- When your requested book is ready, you will receive an email from the library. Your request will be held for 3 business days.
- Duke Kunshan Library has several locations for storing books: Stacks, Mini Library, Remote Storage, Reserves and Office. Books stored in the different locations will affect the time you can collect that book.
- You can only request to hold items located in Duke Kunshan Library. Items in Perkins & Bostock Library, Library Service Center, Medical Center, Ford Library, Marine Lab, Rubenstein Library, Lilly Library, Law Library and Divinity Library cannot be requested.
- Items in the Reserves cannot be requested.
- Items in the Remote Storage may need more time to get it back to campus as the remote storage is not in campus.
- Requests are processed on weekdays only. Requests placed after 2:00pm on Friday or on weekends will be available the following Monday.