On January 16, Duke University Library is launching a new and improved Online Public Access Catalog for researchers to locate and access books, DVDs, and other items. The new Catalog will also be available for DKU users.
What to expect from the new catalog:
The basic functionality of the catalog remains the same, but there are some nice enhancements and updates to the catalog:
- a more modern search interface
- prominent filters to modify search results, including an option to narrow your search to items available online
- updated item pages with easier access to request and export materials
- improved access to an item’s availability status and its location
- more user-friendly options to email, text, or export citation information
- improved display of multi-part items (click “View Online” to access individual episodes)
- more robust Advanced Search with options to search by Publisher and Resource type (e.g., book, video, archival material)
Item pages have been updated and include a sidebar with easy access to Request and Email/Text options.
You might notice some differences in the way the new catalog works. Learn more with this handy new vs. old catalog comparison chart (More features will be available in the new catalog this Spring) or check out these library catalog search tips.
Duke University Libraries and DKU Library hopes you will enjoy the new catalog, but if you do encounter any trouble or have questions, contact us for assistance.
* Adapted from: Duke Libraries blog post, by Emily Daly, https://blogs.library.duke.edu/bitstreams/2019/01/07/new-duke-libraries-catalog-to-go-live-january-16/.