Program Costs & Financial Aid
Duke Kunshan University offers a world-class education for highly qualified students from all backgrounds. The cost of attending Duke Kunshan reflects the university’s commitment to providing an outstanding educational experience and is comparable to that of other leading private universities.
Duke Kunshan is committed to enrolling a highly talented, diverse and international student body. Scholarship support is available to support these goals. All applicants will automatically be considered for available scholarships, up to and including full scholarships.
Special financial aid will be offered to all Chinese students from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan to lower the tuition standard to RMB 160,000 per year. Additional scholarships of varying amounts will be available based on academic achievement and family financial circumstances. Admitted students will be given an opportunity to submit supplemental financial information.
Tuition and Fees for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
|For International Students||For Chinese Students|
- All fees and rates provided at this time are estimates;
- Duke Kunshan student residence and dinning facilities are closed during the winter break between the fall and spring semesters and for seven days during the Chinese New Year Holiday. Students should arrange the accommodation during the campus closing periods. The costs are not included in the above estimated costs of attendance. Students need to pay the costs by their own.
- International Travel includes an estimate of the cost of one roundtrip to the U.S. for Chinese students or from an international destination to Shanghai for international students, typical visa costs, and in the case of additional health check and registration costs associated with establishing legal residence in China for non-Chinese students. Students wishing to return to their home countries during breaks in their study before the end of the year should budget additional funds for these trips.
- U.S. based and international students from outside U.S. (i.e. India, Africa, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan) who do not apply through Duke’s GEO (Study Abroad) application system are required to enroll in the Global Health Insurance Plan.
- Insurance plan year is Aug 1-July 31; Insurance will be charged at the actual approved rate regardless of prior estimates.
All students are automatically considered for merit scholarships based on their Graduate School application – no additional application is required to be considered for these awards. In addition, accepted students may apply for scholarships and awards based on financial need, country of origin, and field of study.
January 31, 2018
After the deadline, Duke Kunshan University applications for the Master of Science in Global Health program will continue to be accepted and considered on a space-available basis and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please click here for additional application deadline information.