Yuchen (Mike) Tang, DKU alumni and senior associate at PWC.
Tang graduated from Duke Kunshan in 2018 with a master’s in global health. His connection with DKU began in 2014 when he joined the first Global Learning Semester (GLS). He master’s research focused on health systems, and he completed his fieldwork in Vietnam, where he completed a comparison of social health insurance in China and Vietnam.
After graduation, he started his career at KPMG and now works as a senior associate at PWC, where he helps clients with different aspects of the health care industry including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and health care services.
@ Blue Oasis student center at Dayu Bay
Zoom ID: 257 470 6646
This talk will cover:
- What has my path been?
- GLS experience (first impression of DKU and first cohort experience).
- Master’s experience (global health program overview and fieldwork experience).
- Post-DKU experience (working as a consultant).
- Critical decisions I made during college time.
- How did I choose graduate school program?
- How did I get my first offer as a consultant?
- Most important lessons I learned during college time.
- Relationship (peers, professors and other people).
- Vision (interests on broad topics and different opportunities).
- Courage (choose your own path and keep working for it).
If you have a question for Tang, submit using this link before noon Sept. 24: https://duke.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0OLGnVwol1k7SVD
Alumni Speaker Series
Hosted by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, this series invites distinguished Duke/DKU alumni to share insights from their career and life paths. Students can enjoy direct access to their thoughts, ideas and experiences. The series seeks to continue building relationships between alumni, current students and faculty, foster professional networks, and help students think about the transition after graduation. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.