Review the below instructions to prepare and apply the Duke-Tsinghua Machine Learning Summer School. We will appreciate your attention to ensure the completion of the process and materials on time. Only complete application will be reviewed by Admission Committee. If you have questions after reviewing the below information, please contact us by program email or phone number. Application opens from February 2rd.
The online application includes sections on general information, learning objective, anticipated student background, as well as possible professional background of students, English proficiency and supporting documents. In addition, applications are asked to submit official transcripts (for current student only), resume, English capability test report and other achievements as necessary.
- Your application can only be submitted online
- You are not able to save the application before submitting it. We recommend you to start this process after you have all materials on hand
- Detailed instructions are available in the online system
- Complete the application in English except for the ones required in Chinese
Please provide all of your official transcripts starting from college or university you have attended. We only accept Chinese and English versions.
- The transcripts have to be legible with all the courses taken and grades received.
- Your name, the name of the institution, the “degree received” and “date conferred” must be clearly visible on your transcripts. If you have not yet graduated, these will be listed as “expected degree received” and “expected date conferred”.
- If you have graduated and your transcript(s) do not state the degree and date of conferred, also upload a copy of your diploma in addition to the transcript.
- Self-reported transcripts are not accepted.
Failure to submit official transcripts on time, or any misrepresentation, falsification, or omission of information, is grounds for automatic revocation of any offer of admission and financial assistance.
A resume is required for all applicants. For student applicants, employment information for volunteer work, internship, and part-time work experience can be included. Only English and Chinese resume are applicable. The version in other language should be translated into either English or Chinese.
If your first language is not English, you must submit scores from TOEFL, IELTS, CET or other English tests for evaluating your language capability.
To be eligible for a English test waiver, you must have studied fulltime for two years or more at a college or university where the sole language of instruction is English and in a country where English is the primary spoken language.
If you believe you qualify for a waiver based on the above criteria, upload a written request for the waiver in the support document section of your online application.
February 2rd , 2017
Early Action Deadline
March 10th, 201
Early Action Interview
March 20th - March 31st, 2017
Early Action Admission Decision Announcement
April 7th, 2017
Early Action Deposit Deadline
April 21th, 2017
Normal Application Deadline
April 29th, 2017
May 2rd – May 12th, 2017
Application Admission Decision Announcement
May 19th, 2017
Normal Application Deposit Deadline
June 2rd, 2017