Researchers who are interested will partner with financial service providers to pilot and test behaviorally-informed solutions to improve financial wellbeing of low and middle-income populations in China. This field-based research will be complemented with analysis of existing administrative data to evaluate solutions aiming to increase earnings, decrease debt, and manage cash-flow.
We will select 3 research proposals. Selected teams will receive
- $25k-$28k for a one-year contract from Duke Kunshan University (https://dukekunshan.edu.cn).
- Chances of collaboration and co-authorship with Common Cents lab (CCL) at Duke University (https://advanced-hindsight.com/commoncents-lab).
Who is eligible:
Proposal teams must have a lead PI faculty member or full-time researcher from a university or research institute in mainland China.
How to apply:
All documents need to submitted in English. Letter of intent (LoI) Should include:
Research plan (1 page maximum – single spaced, 10 point font, 1” margins) including:
- Title of the research project
- Target low-to-medium income population you are interested
- Statement of scientific objectives and their significance: what problem you want to solve for that population
- Initial ideas for intervention, no detail is required and there will be chances to co-develop the intervention with CCL.
- Proposed field partners to work with for data collection, and if there is established relationship with the field partner.
- Preliminary research (optional)
- Budget plan (in 50 words)
and CV of the leading PI (limited to three pages)
Please combine research plan and CV into a single pdf document with the subject line of “Name of the institution + short project title.“ Please submit the proposal by 20 January 2021 via email to the contacts listed below:
Jiayu Zhao (Common Cents Lab): email@example.com
Zhengting He (Duke Kunshan University): firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 04 February 2021 to submit a full proposal that is 3 pages long by Feb 28th, 2021. Final awards will be announced by March 31, 2021.