As China begins its annual Spring Festival break, a peak time for travel and family reunion, Duke Kunshan is closely monitoring developments surrounding the novel coronavirus and is working hard to help protect all our students, faculty and staff on campus and beyond.
We are following recommendations from Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, and we are in regular communication with local health authorities for updates and advice.
As part of efforts to prevent the virus from spreading, DKU has intensified cleaning services to disinfect thoroughly all shared areas and common surfaces, and has added more hand sanitizer dispensers across campus. We are also continuing to distribute surgical masks.
The university is operating as normal.
Anyone suffering symptoms including shortness of breath, chest pains, coughing, breathing difficulty or a fever of 37.8 C (100 F) or above should seek immediate medical assistance.
Health tips to minimize the risk of infection:
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water
- Avoid large crowds of people, such as at airports, trains stations, etc.
- Wear a surgical mask or N95 mask while outside
- Avoid close contact with people who have flu or cold-like symptoms
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid unnecessary travel
- Exercise regularly to maintain good physical health
- Ensure your place of residence has good airflow
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Avoid contact with live wild animals and farm animals
- Avoid wet markets with live poultry
For more information on the coronavirus, visit the following resources:
Duke Kunshan wishes you a happy and safe Spring Festival holiday.