MMS: DKU — Finding Your Fit & Leaving a Legacy
Any master's program is a significant investment of your time, energy and money, so it is important to find the right program to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Take some time to evaluate which would provide the best fit for your career goals, and visit our Admissions webpage for further information.
"Innovation" and "legacy" are cornerstones for Fuqua and Duke Kunshan University — think about how these terms apply to your own experiences and goals. Use this reflection to demonstrate how you might fit in with the culture of our two institutions by answering the following questions before beginning the admission process:
- Why are you interested in this immersion experience in China?
- What legacy do you hope to leave at Fuqua and Duke Kunshan University?
- After graduation, what impact do you hope to have in your work and broader communities?
The MMS: Duke Kunshan University Admission Process
From learning about the MMS: DKU program and determining your fit, to joining the incoming class at orientation, here are some admissions guidelines and tips about how to approach each step of the admissions process:
- Start the conversation. Do your research. Talk to family, friends, mentors and Admissions Counselor; attend an information session, open house or campus visit; and decide whether the MMS: DKU program is right for you. Then, review the application deadlines and develop a timeline for completing your application.
- Apply. Access and complete the online application, which can be done over multiple sittings. Go to the Application Instructions page for details about the application components.
- Interview. Interviews will be extended by invitation after careful review of your application materials. We do not offer open interviews for MMS. Most interviews will occur via Skype; North Carolina residents may have the opportunity to interview on campus by invitation. Interviews are conducted in English and typically last 30-45 minutes. All interviews are conducted by an admissions officer, a select second-year MBA student, or an MMS alumnus who will ask you a variety of questions about your educational background and personal interests. At the conclusion of the interview, you will have the opportunity to ask questions about the Fuqua experience. Appropriate attire for an interview is business casual.
- Receive your decision. You will be notified first on-line then via postal mail of your admission decision. If you are accepted to the program, you are required to submit your nonrefundable tuition deposit (2,000 USD, 14,000 RMB) and hard copies of your official transcripts by the deposit deadline to reserve your place in the class.
- Access the Incoming Student Website (ISW). A few months before the start of the program, you will have access to the ISW, where you will find all the information you need to transition into your academic life at Fuqua for your US residency. The ISW provides program announcements, technical and computer information, assignments to prepare academically, and relocation information. This is your main resource to facilitate your transition into the MMS: DKU program, and it is important that you visit the site often for updates and guidance.
- Apply for your student visa (for non-US citizens without US permanent residency only). If applicable, visa application information will be included in your admission packet, along with specific deadlines for submission. Visa processing can take up to several months to complete, so it is critical to apply by the Round 2 deadline to ensure that you are able to join the program. If you are currently in the US on a student visa for another program,please contact us prior to making plans to leave the United States in order to transfer your visa and ensure that the proper steps are taken to secure your new visa for the MMS: DKU program.
MMS: Duke Kunshan University Admission Deadlines
Given the competitive applicant pool, you are encouraged to apply to the MMS: Duke Kunshan program in the round in which you can submit your "best" application. Contact an admissions counselor if you would like more information, or if you have any questions about the MMS: Duke Kunshan application process.
Below you will find the application deadlines for the upcoming year. Non-citizens of the United States requiring an F-1 visa to study in Durham, and who are not already enrolled in schools in the US and eligible for a transfer, must apply by the Round 2 to ensure sufficient time for visa processing. After Round 2, contact us to inquire about applying.
Oct. 30, 2018
Jan. 22, 2019
Mar. 7, 2019
Apr. 11, 2019
Interview Invitations Sent By Midnight (ET) - Not viewable on phone or mobile device
Nov. 14, 2018
Feb. 14, 2019
Mar. 26, 2019
Apr. 25, 2019
Decision Notification Sent by Midnight (ET) - Not viewable on phone or mobile device
Dec. 7, 2018
Mar. 7, 2019
Apr. 15, 2019
May 16, 2019
China/International Student Visa Paperwork Deadline
Apr. 4, 2019
Apr. 19, 2019
Master of Management Studies: Duke Kunshan University students receive a rigorous business education, including experiential learning opportunities in a team-based environment, on campus in both the US and China. Interested in learning more? Contact us with any questions, or begin the admissions process today.