MMS: DKU Career Development Workshops & Webinars
When you join the Master of Management: Duke Kunshan University program, your job search begins at orientation, where you get a fast track introduction to the career development and job search process. Getting started early increases your chances of a smooth transition from being a student to becoming a working professional.
Our Career Management Center (CMC) provides career resources — such as career development workshops and webinars — to keep you engaged throughout the MMS: DKU process, from orientation to graduation.
Career Workshop & Webinar Topics
With the MMS: DKU program, experiential learning goes beyond the classroom and expands into preparing you for the job search. The CMC holds career workshops and webinars that build on the fundamentals taught in your Business Communications courses and provide additional insight to help you put your best foot forward when entering the job market.
CMC career workshop and webinar offerings available to MMS: DKU students include:
- Industry Panel Discussions — Panel discussions with alumni and corporate representatives give you an in-depth look at potential business careers.
- Relationship-Building — Networking is an essential professional skill, regardless of your career goals. Learn how to build and manage your network, request information, and get tips on informational interviewing.
- Branding & Developing a Strategic Job Search Plan — Develop a strategic plan for branding and marketing yourself. Once you make a plan, a CMC coach will review it and help align your goals with effective actions.
- Professional Correspondence & Resume Development — Learn useful guidelines for creating a professional cover letter and resume that best represent your passions and interests. You'll work one-on-one with a career coach to refine your resume, and will exchange resumes with your classmates to make additional edits and put them into "Fuqua format."
- Interviewing — Learn how to respond to behavioral and case questions that are commonly asked during job interviews.
- Mock Interviews — Get one-on-one advice from recruiters and business leaders about interviewing.
- Global Resources — Gain access to resources and tools that offer a quick synopsis of issues in the global employment environment.
Master of Management Studies: Duke Kunshan University students will receive a hands-on business education and have access to valuable career workshops and webinars to aid in the job search process. Interested in learning more? Contact us with any questions, or begin the admissions process today.