The Duke Kunshan University cares about our students' success, not only academically, but also emotionally and physically. Because of our commitment, we provide numerous departments and services across campus that respond to our students' unique needs. However, sometimes, students do not ask for help when they need it. So in an effort to identify those students proactively, Duke Kunshan has created a network of professionals from across campus that are committed to a caring, confidential program of identification, intervention and response in order to provide our students with the greatest chance of success and our community with the greatest level of safety.
Duke Kunshan believes it is important to foster an environment that encourages students to maintain a standard of responsibility for self-care, which includes the ability to respond adequately to one's emotional, physical, and educational needs. Some students who are distressed engage in behaviors that compromise their own welfare, as well as the welfare of the university community.
The presence of demonstrated distress, disruptive or dangerous student behavior can be a predictor of future harm to self, others, and the larger Duke Kunshan community. While we acknowledge that no one can predict with any degree of confidence whether a student will eventually progress to acts that are harmful to themselves or others, there are behaviors indicative of higher risk. These behaviors may require further assessment by appropriate professionals to promote the safety of the student and the Duke Kunshan community.
If you have any questions or concerns for the CARE Team about a student or an incident, please complete a report at https://dukekunshan-advocate.symplicity.com/care_report
The mission of the CARE Team is to:
- Assist in protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the students and members of the Duke Kunshan community.
- Support student success.
- Provide a comprehensive response to students whose behavior is disruptive to himself or herself or the environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a CARE team?
Duke Kunshan CARE team is a collaborative interdisciplinary committee of University officials that meets regularly to discuss students exhibiting behaviors indicative of emotional distress.
When Should I Make a Report?
Is someone you know or observed:
- Demonstrating disruptive or disturbing behavior?
- Making disturbing comments in conversation, email, letters, social media postings or papers.
- Intimidating or harassing others including making disturbing or threatening phone calls, text messages, emails, Facebook postings, etc.
- Demonstrating disruptive behavior on campus (including in classrooms).
- Engaging in emotional outbursts (e.g., yelling or screaming).
- Suggesting (in verbal or written form) an intention to harm self, including self-mutilation and expression of suicidal thoughts or actions.
- Suggesting (in verbal or written form) an intention to harm others.
- Sad, anxious or experiencing dramatic mood shifts.
- Abusing alcohol or drugs?
- Isolating themselves socially?
- Frequently angry or easily frustrated?
- Engaging in, or is the victim of any kind of assault including sexual misconduct.
What Does the CARE Team Need to Know?
It is essential that you provide as much information as possible. It includes:
- Student [faculty or staff member's] name and ID number (if known)
- A brief factual description of the incident or behavior
- Direct quotes whenever possible
- Where and when the incident or behavior occurred
- Names and contact information of witnesses
- Your name, position and complete contact information
- Include all emails or other information you have
- Always save voice recordings, text messages and emails on the device that received them
How can I refer a student to the CARE Team?
To refer a student to the CARE Team, you can file an online report at https://dukekunshan-advocate.symplicity.com/care_report.
regarding the student’s information and a brief narrative of the behavior. If you are concerned about a student, but have not witnessed any distressing or disruptive behavior, please explain your concern in detail.
What happens when a student is referred?
Once the CARE Team receives a referral, a member of the Care team or another Duke Kunshan staff member will reach out to the student as soon as possible, ideally within one business day. The staff member will connect the student to the appropriate support services and resources. The staff member will follow-up with the reporting party as needed. For any questions, the CARE Team representatives can be reached during business hours by calling 0512 - 3665 7785 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A crisis or emergency involving a Duke Kunshan student should be reported to the Emergency Hotline at 0512 - 3665 7110.