The Duke Kunshan Global Learning Semester is designed for undergraduate students currently enrolled in other accredited institutions around the world, generally in their second or third year of undergraduate studies, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or a ranking in the top 25% of their class.
The language of instruction is English, and written and spoken English proficiency is required. Students who are not native English speakers can provide language evaluation test scores (such as the CET and/or TOEFL) with their application materials. Students may be required to have a personal interview prior to an admission decision.
US applicants: Oct 1, 2016
China and International (non-US) applicants: Nov 15, 2016
US applicants: Mar 1, 2017
China and International (non-US) applicants: May 1, 2017
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload your official university transcript from your home institution.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from university faculty members (any discipline).
- Upload two required essays in English written by the applicant (each 500 word maximum):
- Explain why you are interested in the opportunity to participate in the undergraduate Duke Kunshan University Global Learning Semester.
- Choose one:
a) Tell us about a cross-cultural experience that you have had, either internationally or within your own country or community. What were your greatest challenges? What did you learn from the experience, about yourself and working with others?
b) Duke Kunshan University’s Global Learning Semester aims to educate students to be informed global citizens with broad world views and deep China insights. Discuss how you hope to benefit intellectually from this experience.
- Upload an Optional Essay (300 word maximum): Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy?
- All US-based students: Please click here to access the Duke GEO “My Global Ed” application system. This application needs to be submitted in addition to the Duke Kunshan University Apply Yourself online application for US-based students only.
When you have the necessary information, click here to start you application to the Duke Kunshan Global Learning Semester. You will be able to save your application data and make changes prior to final submission.
For more details about the 2016-2017 academic year, view the Duke Kunshan Academic Calendar.
TUITION AND FEES FOR THE 2016-2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
Duke Kunshan University offers a world-class education for highly qualified students from all backgrounds. The cost of attending Duke Kunshan University reflects the university’s commitment to providing an outstanding educational experience and is comparable to that of other leading private universities.
Duke Kunshan University is committed to enrolling a highly talented, diverse and international student body. Scholarship support is available to support these goals, and all applicants will automatically be considered for available scholarships.
Learn more about tuition and fees for Chinese students.
Learn more about tuition and fees for international students.